At 1650m above sea level, Sapa, the former hill station of French colonialists is the ideal place to see some of the country’s most spectacular scenery and colorful hill tribes. Vietnam is home to 54 ethnic groups and a visit to this region allows you to explore the local traditions and cultures which have remained largely unchanged for centuries (though, interestingly, you can sense that the region is stepping into modern times).
day by day
ROAD TRAVEL TO SAPA & VILLAGE
Embark on a 6-hour drive through the exotic landscapes of North Vietnam to Sapa. On arrival, settle into your room with lunch and some time to rest. Go on a guided trekking adventure and wind your way downhill past terraced fields to reach Cat Cat, home to Black H’mong people. Trek further down to the valley bottom and the waterfall where the French built a Power Station. Your trek ends at the edge of the Cat Cat village where you are met by your driver and transferred back to Sapa.
|Cycle distance||Approx. 7km ; Grade – Easy & Moderate|
TREKKING TO LOCAL VILLAGES OF Y LINH HO, LAO CHAI AND TA VAN
Soak up the picturesque scenery and explore further the area’s heritage-rich ethnic villages. Meet your guide before taking a hike through Sapa and heading down to the villages of Y Linh Ho and Lao Chai – where Black Hmong people live. You might see freshly dyed fabric drying in the sun and the indigo plants growing beside the path. Follow the local paths through the rice terraces to the Day village of Ta Van where you will be picked up by your car back to Sapa.
|Cycle distance||Approx. 12 – 15 km ; Grade – Easy & Moderate|
ROAD TRAVEL TO HANOI
Take some free time to explore Sapa town on your own or enjoy last minute shopping in Sapa central market. Bid farewell to Sapa and drive back to Hanoi.
|Accommodation:||Check out time is 12:00|
|Group Size||1 person||2 persons||3 – 6 persons||Single Supp.|
- Prices are quoted in USD and net per person.
- Prices are subject to change with or without prior notice. Amasia Travel reserve the right to change the quoted prices.
- Prices do not apply over Christmas and New Year.
What you get
- Two nights hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast, two lunches
- All sightseeing as specified, including entrance fees
- Transportation and transfers in air-conditioned vehicle
- Local English-speaking guide
- Government tax and service charges
What you Don’t
- International and domestic flights and airport taxes
- Vietnamese visa
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, drinks
- Any other services not specified in the itinerary